Volunteer Parents are at the heart of RHC, all age groups are managed by parents from within the group. Our most successful age groups have strong parental involvement in making the hockey happen.
- Squad Management does not does it require a hockey background.
- Squad Managers use the TEAMO management system with everything you need in one place - We hold Squad Management support sessions at the start and throughout the season.
- We welcome all volunteers. If you want to help make your child’s age group a success, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the existing Squad Manager directly.
All our age groups from U7-U12 require parents to match manage for festivals (both Home & Away).
- We run match coaching for parents to support all our parent managers and our lead coaches are happy to pass on advice/game plans prior to the fixture.
- For festivals, you do not need a hockey background (although it never hurts!) – Anyone with a bit of football experience will find the crossover quite straight forward. This is a great way to get involved.
Our U14 squads play -11 a side hockey on full sized pitches.
- In the absence of the coach, we rely on parents, preferably with a hockey background, to step in. If you have hidden hockey playing experience & are willing to run the sideline from time to time, please let us know. Don’t be shy! Coaches are more than happy to discuss tactics and offer advice.
- If you have experience of umpiring please offer to help..
- Most parents with a hockey background will find umpiring straight forward with the younger age groups.
- Umpiring courses are available if interested in either refreshing or developing their umpire skills.
- Qualified First Aiders are required at all festivals. If you hold a valid First Aid certificate, please let your Squad Manager know for future reference.
- We will be running a First Aid course at the club this season. It’s a 3 hour session usually run on a midweek evening and is suitable for all levels.